The Boris Nemtsov Foundation for Freedom is pleased to announce the second call for applications to participate in a three-week Summer School of Journalism and Cultural Studies in Prague. The Boris Nemtsov Academic Center for the Study of Russia established at the Faculty of Arts (Charles University) hosts the School.
The deadline for application submission is March 31, 2018 (till 23:59 Czech time)
The Program starts on July 15, 2018 and ends on August 2, 2018.
The Program is aimed at journalists, bloggers media- and civic activists and researchers from Russia, CIS region, Europe and the U.S. We prefer applicants who have fewer than three years of professional experience is in journalism , PR, or communications. Experience in journalism is not mandatory.
. The main requirements are:
- Concept note of a media project
- Solid command of the Russian language
The program offers:
- Lectures and master-classes taught by leading Russian and European journalists, political scientists, economists, and public figures
- Case-study sessions
- Workshops on media projects development
- Labs on the efficient distribution of media products via the Internet
- ABCs of shooting and video editing, infographics, and audio.
- Visits to the local editorial offices and relevant NGOs
- Films screenings followed by Q&A sessions with directors
Participants will be offered an extensive extra-curricular program including sightseeing tours and other activities.
The program is fully funded. The Boris Nemtsov Foundation covers airfare and ground transportation (trains) to and from Prague, passes for public transportation inside the city, meals and medical insurance for the period of the study program. The Faculty of Arts provides accommodation for participants. Best media projects receive extra funding for SMM distribution.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via e-mail: [email protected]